Who does not love to have Lentil Spinach Soup on a rainy day or in Cold weather? This dinner will have your mouth watering and you wanting more. Perfect for a midweek supper or a fun night out with your buddies. This Recipe is simple and easy to make. It is light, nutritious and satisfying with plenty amount of fibre. This can be Served with Rice.
Let’s have A glance at the Ingredients Used in Cooking Lentil Spinach Soup
Take 1 Cup of Dried Lentils. Soak it in water one night before and use the rinsed lentils to prepare the Lentil Spinach soup.
Take 1 Onion chopped into small pieces and leave for cooking in a sealed bag.
Take 2 Cloves of garlic which should be minced properly.
Take 1 carrot which should be cut into small cubes.
Add 1 finely diced celery stalk into the soup to give an unexpected flavour.
Cook 4 cups of vegetable broth to add to vegetarian soup and any type of gravy. This is prepared by adding lots of veggies broccoli stalks, onion ends, celery ends, carrot tops, kale stems, collard stems, and potato peels for your vegetable broth.
Adding 1 can of diced tomatoes will give a mixture of sweet and sour flavour.
2 Cups fresh roughly chopped spinach leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper
Add Salt and black pepper powder as per the taste.
Fresh lemon wedges are optional. It can be given at the time of serving.
Instructions for Cooking Lentil Spinach Soup
Step:-1 Set the Suvi Sous Vide Cooker to 185°F (85°C).
Step:-2 In a large resealable bag, combine the dried lentils, chopped onion, minced garlic, diced carrot, diced celery, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes (including the juice), cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper. Seal the bag, ensuring it is airtight.
Step:-3 Place the sealed bag in the preheated water bath and cook for 4-5 hours, or until the lentils are tender and fully cooked.
Step:-4 Once the cooking time is complete, carefully remove the bag from the water bath and open it. Be careful of the hot steam from getting touched to your skin.
Step:-5 Pour the contents of the bag into a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, if you prefer a chunkier texture, you can skip the blending step and enjoy the soup as it is resulted from taking it out of Sealer Bag.
Step:-6 Return the pureed soup to a pot and heat it over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the fresh spinach leaves and cook for a few minutes until they wilt and combine with the soup.
Step:-7 Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. If desired, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the soup before serving for an extra tangy and juicy flavour.
Step:-8 Ladle the hot sous vide lentil spinach soup into bowls and serve with crusty bread or your favourite side dish.
The sous vide technique ensures that the lentils are cooked to perfection, resulting in a silky and delicious soup.
Can you store it for a long time by freezing it?
Yes, you can freeze Lentil Spinach Soup cooked with the Sous vide method. This is the way how you can do it:
- Prepare the Lentil Spinach Soup using the sous vide method according to the above-mentioned recipe or according to your preferred recipe Make sure the soup is fully cooked and seasoned to your liking.
- Allow the soup to cool down completely. It's mandatory to cool the soup before freezing to maintain its quality as well as the quality of your refrigerator also.
- Once the soup got cooled, transfer it to freezer-safe containers or you can freeze using the vacuum sealer bags so that it is good for storing and reheating. Leave some space at the top in the containers or bags as the soup may expand when frozen.
- Mention the Label on the containers or sealer bags with the date and contents for easy identification to use in future.
- Place the containers or bags in the freezer, making sure they are arranged in a flat position to maximize space and allow for even freezing.
- The Lentil Spinach Soup can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you're ready to enjoy the soup thaw the frozen soup in the refrigerator overnight or until fully thawed. Once thawed, you can reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave until heated properly.
- Stir the soup well to ensure even heating and to distribute any separated ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary and as per taste
- Serve the Lentil Spinach Soup hot and enjoy! But make sure after reheating the sous vide cooked soup, it's important to ensure it reaches a safe internal temperature before consumption.
Enjoy the rich and flavorful Sous Vide Lentil Spinach Soup!