Indulge in a culinary adventure with Suvi mouthwatering sous vide fish tacos recipe. This delightful twist on a classic dish brings together tender, perfectly cooked fish, vibrant toppings, and a burst of flavours that will transport your taste buds to a coastal paradise.
Fish tacos seem very attractive in looking, as their stuffing is overflowing with classic ingredients, and contrasting textures & colours but suppose your first bite is very disappointing as the fish is overcooked. So, by utilizing the sous vide cooking technique, we ensure that the fish is flawlessly cooked, maintaining its moisture, and tenderness, and capturing all the delightful flavours. Whether you're hosting a casual gathering, seeking a quick and healthy meal, or simply craving a delightful taco experience, these sous vide fish tacos will impress the guests, family members or friends.
So, grab your apron and let's dive into the exquisite world of sous vide cooking as we embark on a culinary journey that promises to deliver unparalleled taste and texture to your taco cooking game as it’s Summer party time and Fish tacos in your mouth is a wow feeling.
Ingredients to be Purchased before Start Cooking
For making Delicious Fish tacos to be consumed in evening snacks or dinner you will need the following basic Ingredients to add proper flavours to your amazing Fish Tacos:-
- 500 grams (1 lb) of white fish fillets (such as cod, halibut, or snapper)
- Squeeze the Juice of 1 lime to give a little sour taste.
- Cut up 2 cloves of garlic into very small pieces as minced garlic gets mixed and gives delicious flavour as well as aroma.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper are traditional and most commonly spices add it to taste
- Tortillas are thin, flat pancakes of cornmeal or flour, eaten hot or cold, typically with a savoury filling.
Toppings you can use in serving the Fish tacos
- Shredded cabbage
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped tomatoes
- Diced onions,
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream, etc.
Ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Crema to Compliment Your Tacos:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions to prepare Mouthwatering Fish tacos
Step:- 1 Preheat your sous vide water bath to 52°C (125°F) for medium-rare or adjust the temperature according to your preference of under or over-cooked.
Step:- 2 Rinse the fish fillets under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
Step:- 3 After that in a small bowl, add all the ingredients which add taste to the stuffing such as the lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, chilli powder, salt, and pepper. Mix all well in all directions.
Step:- 4 Place the fish fillets in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag using the premium quality vacuum sealer, ensuring the fish is in a single layer and fully coated with the marinade.
Step:- 5 Submerge the sealed bag into the preheated water bath, making sure it is fully submerged. Use a clip or weight to keep the bag submerged if required.
Step:- 6 Cook the fish in the sous vide water bath for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. The fish should be opaque and flake easily when cooked through.
Step:- 7 While the fish is getting ready, prepare the cilantro lime crema by combining the sour cream by following the below-mentioned recipe.
Step:- 8 Once the fish is done cooking, remove it from the bag and pat it dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
Step:- 9 Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat with a little bit of oil. Sear the fish fillets for about 1 minute on each side, just to add some colour and texture. Alternatively, you can also grill the fish for a smoky flavour.
Step:- 10 Remove the fish from the skillet or grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Flake the fish into smaller pieces using a fork.
Step:- 11 Warm the tortillas on a hot skillet or in the oven.
Step:- 12 Assemble your tacos by placing a spoonful of the flaked fish onto each tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, diced onions, and any other desired toppings.
Step:- 13 Drizzle with the cilantro lime crema and serve with lime wedges and salsa on the side.
Instructions to prepare Cilantro Lime Crema
- Take a medium size bowl, combine the sour cream, chopped cilantro, lime juice, minced garlic, and cumin. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Taste the crema and season with salt and pepper according to your preference. Adjust the seasoning as needed, adding more lime juice if desired for extra tanginess.
- Once the crema is properly mixed and seasoned, wrap the bowl with a plastic cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together. This resting time will enhance the taste of the crema.
- After the crema has chilled, give it a quick stir before serving. Transfer it to a serving bowl or a squeeze bottle for easy application.
- Drizzle the Cilantro Lime Crema generously over your favourite tacos just before serving. It pairs exceptionally well with fish tacos, grilled chicken tacos, or even vegetarian options.
- Any remaining crema can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Enjoy the zesty and creamy goodness of the Cilantro Lime Crema as it adds a refreshing and tangy element to your tacos. Its vibrant flavours will elevate your taco experience and have your taste buds dancing with delight.
Enjoy your flavorful Sous vide fish tacos!
If you are feeding to a crowd, the Sous vide technique is a great time saver for cooking. This is very healthy, fresh and full of amazing flavours. With Sous vide cooking, the fish is cooked to a precise temperature from edge to center.